Now We're Cooking with Heat from the Shadowland Desert!

As you know, or maybe you don't know, my new WIP has the working title of "Shadowland Book One."

It is a fantasy horror, or dark fantasy, or horror with fantasy elements. However you'd like to cateogorize that. The majority of the book (99% I would say) takes place in a made up world called the Shadowland.

That's all you get to know about it.

However, I did want to say that today I wrote for my ENTIRE lunch break. Almost 1 hour of continuous writing. That doesn't happen all the time (though if I really set my mind to it, I can do that every day, especially during NaNoWriMo).

At any rate, I reached the top of page 21. I started at the top of page 13. My story has already deviated slightly from the road map summary I wrote. Not by much. But some unexpected things happened. Marietta is still on the right track, but instead of travelling across the desert her first day in the Shadowland alone, she has two companions who may or may not be trustworthy.

The motto of the Shadowland is, after all, "everything in the Shadowland is designed to trap you there." Which basically means trust nothing. Trust no one. You can't even trust yourself (especially in the rain).

I hope the little snippets in this post have you intrigued. I'm not talking much about this project because I want all my beta readers to be surprised when they read it.

But I do want to say that I am super excited about this project. Especially now that it is FINALLY off the ground and I feel like I'm getting somewhere.


Cooking with FIRE,

Claire L. Fishback


Comments

Popular Posts