Regular Postings

Me again. Wow, two in one week? What kind of crazy is this!?

First an update on the writing front - I have nearly 7,000 words on my current WiP! Woo Hoo! Last night I wrote for about 1.5 hours straight. Some of it was tweaking what I'd written before, but a lot of it was new stuff. I'm super excited about this story and this project.

I also submitted the first 13 pages of my new book to my critique group. We'll see what they think of it. I've already made it better, and actually started reading it myself from a critiquers point of view. It needs work, his I know, but it is also a first draft. It can only get better from here.

So, I've been thinking about incorporating regular posts throughout the week. Like Thankful Thursday would be one of them. I would choose one thing I'm thankful for and write about it.

That's the only one I've come up with though, and, as it is, it's tough enough to post regularly so we'll see where that goes. Maybe I'll do every other Thursday. Or one Thursday a month. Or year... :)

Anyway, in my "practice" to become a less angry and more loving person, I've found a few quotes that I really like. Unfortunately, I don't know who said them because I closed the article. But it was on Tinybuddha.com and it was in one of the articles I found when I searched for "Validation" because, as anyone who knows me knows, I seek a LOT of external validation. I'm trying to learn to get that validation more from myself than from others.

One of my favorite quotes from the article I read is:

"Everyone is doing the best they can with what they have at any given moment."

To me, this is not only a quote about forgiving others for not living up to your own expectations of them (something Buddah teaches is about NOT expecting things), but it is also seeing that everyone has the same or similar struggles as everyone else. Your struggles are just as important as my struggles. We are all the same. We are all doing what we can to live happy lives with what we have. And what we have includes the tools we have, our knowledge, and our state of mind and presence in that moment.

This quote has really helped me open my eyes into the world of love instead of fear. Which brings me to another one I like: "There are only two pure emotions: Love and Fear." The rest of our emotions are secondary.

On this fabulous Friday, please choose love instead.

Peace be with you,
(and keep writing!)

Claire L. Fishback

Comments

Popular Posts