Kindle Scout - Am I desperate?

Dear faithful followers,

I know I begin every post this way, but IT HAS BEEN A LONG TIME. I really ought to get better at keeping up with my blog.

The latest news is such:

Evil Never Sleeps has one last agent who is looking at it. All others have rejected it, including Pandamoon publishing, who I thought for sure would be a shoe in. I don't know why. I just had  high hopes.

So, one last agent who has taken almost a year so far to look at it. In the meantime, several people have read it and LOVED it. I'm not ready to take the self-publishing route just yet, but there is this thing called Kindle Scout that has intrigued me enough to start the submission process.

First step, create my book campaign. I actually painted a picture of my book cover for this, because I couldn't find anything free or cheap on the internet that I could muck about with in PhotoShop. I painted the painting, plopped it into PhotoShop, adjusted some levels and whatnot, and added the text. This is what it looks like:


I'm pretty darn pleased with the way it turned out, if I say so myself!

I have everything ready to submit my book campaign to Kindle Scout, after which, they'll review the submission, and let me know if they like it enough to include in the next campaign.

After that, it is up to you, my faithful friends and followers and maybe even fans. I'm counting on you to go to my campaign page and nominate my book. Or not. It's up to you! If you like what you see on my page, please nominate me. If not, I totally get it. My book isn't for everyone.

I'm hesitant to click the submit button, however. Part of me feels desperate. Part of me is terrified it will do horribly. Part of me just wants a cookie and a nap. It's the fear that's giving me pause, and the slight possibility that I might be desperate... To me, this is a step above self-publishing. It's a route that is for readers who love to read. All the people who have read my book so far are readers who love to read, and they all loved it. Said it was like reading a movie. They could SEE the things I was writing... Am I desperate? Maybe... this is my dream. If I can kick start my book on this path without self-publishing, I'm gonna do it.

I'll write again when my campaign is live. I do hope you'll help me reach the next level.

Peace and Keep Writing,

Claire L. Fishback

Comments

Popular Posts