Creative Dryer and My Muse

Remember back when I posted about my creative well being dry? Now I feel like my creative well is a laundry dryer and ideas are tossing around, tumbling through my brain! It's amazing! I feel the spark again! My muse has returned from her vacation. She's standing behind me rubbing her hands together and cracking her knuckles, ready to get to work! I love her.


My muse, by the way, is a very ethereal looking woman with black wavy hair that is always swirling around her head as if she were underwater. She wears a gauzy purple dress, likewise swirling around her.



If you've seen the movie adaptation of Philip Pullman's The Golden Compass, my muse looks a lot like Serafina Pekkala, only her hair swirls around everywhere. It makes sense because Serafina Pekkala is a witch. Witches can cast spells. Spells can be good or bad. Perhaps when she is around me she is casting good, creative spells, so when she leaves I am left with nothing.


That's just an excuse, of course. I don't know if she's ever really gone or not. She doesn't have to put in a request for vacation or anything. She comes and goes on her own free will. If I were to try to chain her to my desk, she would cast bad spells on me.


So, with this creative dryer full of ideas tossing around, I have new energy to get going on my book!


Even more excited to attend the Writer's Boot Camp in California this weekend! Flying out tomorrow morning!


_______________________________


What does your muse look like?


_______________________________


Swimming in the washing machine,

Claire L. Fishback

Comments

Popular Posts