Creative Dryer and My Muse

Remember back when I posted about my creative well being dry? Now I feel like my creative well is a laundry dryer and ideas are tossing around, tumbling through my brain! It's amazing! I feel the spark again! My muse has returned from her vacation. She's standing behind me rubbing her hands together and cracking her knuckles, ready to get to work! I love her.


My muse, by the way, is a very ethereal looking woman with black wavy hair that is always swirling around her head as if she were underwater. She wears a gauzy purple dress, likewise swirling around her.



If you've seen the movie adaptation of Philip Pullman's The Golden Compass, my muse looks a lot like Serafina Pekkala, only her hair swirls around everywhere. It makes sense because Serafina Pekkala is a witch. Witches can cast spells. Spells can be good or bad. Perhaps when she is around me she is casting good, creative spells, so when she leaves I am left with nothing.


That's just an excuse, of course. I don't know if she's ever really gone or not. She doesn't have to put in a request for vacation or anything. She comes and goes on her own free will. If I were to try to chain her to my desk, she would cast bad spells on me.


So, with this creative dryer full of ideas tossing around, I have new energy to get going on my book!


Even more excited to attend the Writer's Boot Camp in California this weekend! Flying out tomorrow morning!


_______________________________


What does your muse look like?


_______________________________


Swimming in the washing machine,

Claire L. Fishback

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let me tell you about the week of May 8th and Other Stuff

Being an Endeverite Part 1

Chapters are up!