#nanowrimo2016 - This is going better than Expected... sort of

Hi friends!

I'm participating in NaNoWriMo again this year. I took a break in 2014, then pretended to do it in 2015, and now, with a fresh new MS to write, I'm back in 2016.

This is going better than expected... except... I'm a big fat NaNo-Cheater.

That's right. Full confession, right here, to all of my 20 or so followers who probably don't even read this (if you do, drop a comment so I know you're still breathing!!!)

I started this MS back in February or so, but when a couple of agents requested Evil Never Sleeps/The Blood of Seven, I put it on hold and worked on getting that MS in ship shape and polished to perfection (or as close as I could). Now I'm back to my new MS, Photos in Darkness (forevermore called PID).

So, my word count on Sunday mostly consisted of retyping some of the scenes I had previously written, because I felt like I needed to get back into the feel of the story I started to tell.

From this point forward, the rest of this month will be spent on new words. And, don't get me wrong, I did write a bunch of new words, too, as part of my current 12,000+ word count.

Today is the last day of Week 1. Week 2, as those of you who participate in NaNoWriMo may recall, is actually referred to as, The Dreaded Week 2, because people tend to lose steam and fall behind. I never had that problem back when I did NaNoWriMo for the pure joy of writing nonsense for thirty days. But as a seasoned and "mature" and 1,000,000 word life time achievement award holder (that's not really an award, but it should be), I am using NaNoWriMo to spur me through the first draft of PID.

So, my question is this: Is week two really dreaded and do word counts really fall behind? OR, is it all psychosomatic because someone TOLD us it is dreaded and our word counts will fall behind?

PID has a little bit of psychology to it, and I do have a degree in psychology, so it makes me wonder. Our minds are easily manipulated. Look at all the people in those studies who feel positive results when all they've had is a little sugar pill? Look at mob mentality! It's all psychosomatic. We want to fit in and be like the in crowd. I honestly don't know where I'm going with this, and I really should be working on PID...

In short, I'll see you on the other side of the DREADED WEEK TWO!!!! (cue ominous music).

Peace and Keep Writing,

Claire L. Fishback

Comments

Popular Posts