Colorado Gold is this weekend! Woo hoo!

My twin sister came for a visit last week, which always leaves me really sad for quite some time. Possibly an entire week. When we are together physically again, it is like our shared soul mends back together, and when she leaves, it is torn in two again. It's a painful parting, always.

What better way to "get over it" than to attend a writing conference?

Coincidentally, Colorado Gold is this coming weekend! I will be attending, and I will be pitching Evil Never Sleeps/The Blood of Seven to another agent. The more the better is what I always say.

Furthermore, I will also be looking at the latest edition of Writer's Digest, which happens to be the one about agents looking for new authors. I'll be sending out queries in the coming weeks.

I have sort of been in a holding pattern as far as noveling goes. I worked on a few short stories and submitted them to anthologies. One of them has moved on to the next round for consideration. One was rejected, but they let me submit a second story even though they had closed their multiple submissions window.

Fingers crossed! Every credit counts!

In other news, the cat is out of the bag, thanks to social media. My short story, "Remembra" will be published in RMFW's anthology, Found. It comes out this month. That's all I'm going to say for now.

I'm super excited to get together with my tribe at the writing conference. 

This year, only one member of my critique group is attending, the one and only Marc Graham. His first novel is coming out next March. Please visit his website, follow it, get excited about it. He's an extremely talented writer, a really cool person in general, an amazing actor, and a great friend. Here's his website again: http://www.marc-graham.com/

That's all I've got for now. In the back of my brain I have been thinking about Photos in Darkness and how to tackle this project. As usual, it has grown bigger than I expected/anticipated. Maybe not bigger... but different.

I'm looking forward to leaping back into it after the conference.

Peace and Keep Writing!

Claire L. Fishback

Comments

Popular Posts