Follow up to: Writing Should Be Fun, or Why Evil Never Sleeps is On Hold

Hello!

So, back in January (the last time I posted, egads, I need to be more active on my own blog), I posted the following... post, which explained why I was putting Evil Never Sleeps on hold.

I had two options, pitch Evil Never Sleeps at PPWC as is, or get a solid first draft of Photos in Darkness pounded out in time to pitch that instead.

I ended up pitching Evil Never Sleeps to Alec Shane of Writer's House (a big, fancy New York agency). And...

HE WANTS TO SEE THE WHOLE EFFING THING!!!!!

I also participated in The Ultimate Pitchfest here in Colorado and pitched ENS to my dream agent, Michelle Johnson. She requested the first three chapters and a synopsis and told me, "It was a really good pitch." Yes, that is a direct quote.

Once again, don't get all dance-baby-dance-like-the-world-is-ending just yet. Both of these agents just want to take a peek. It doesn't mean representation (though I hope to heaven it does!)

I worked my butt on in May and half of June to get this thing up to snuff. My main character, Ann, is a lot more motivated in this rewritten version. It is currently with my Beta readers until midnight tomorrow, after which I will implement any of their feedback. I took Friday off from the day job this week to give it one last quick and dirty, out loud read through.

After that, I will be submitting the... er... submission packages to three agents. Alec Shane, Michelle Johnson, and an agent I met at PPWC 2015 during a Queries with Claws class, Andrea Somberg. Michelle is my top pick, then Alec, then Andrea.

I'm really excited to have gotten ENS to this point, even though back in January I was ready to give up on it. Perseverance, right? That's what this game is all about. It also doesn't hurt to have a little tenacity.

I also rewrote the beginning... again. The whole freak out at the school thing didn't make sense. "They" say the ending should inform the beginning. Well, I rewrote it so it does a better job of that. Running through the woods = running through the woods. I feel like this is THE beginning I was meant to write. It feels great.

I can't wait to get it sent out. If none of these agents want it, I'll be setting it aside for a while to work on other endeavors.

Photos in Darkness

And maybe a few short stories to get published in the horror arena. Get my name out there a little, get some publishing creds, etc.

I have other news to share, but it is a secret for now. I'll spill the details in September. It is writing related.


Peace and Keep Writing,

Claire L. Fishback

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let me tell you about the week of May 8th and Other Stuff

Being an Endeverite Part 1

Chapters are up!