Updates on everything!

Okay, maybe not EVERYTHING. But a few things that are on my mind right this minute.

1. In December, I took a 4 hours, 200 question test to obtain my PMP (Project Management Professional) credential and PASSED.

2. Work is hard, but easy, but hard, but sometimes boring, but hard. I know, weird right? I'm managing projects AND serving as the IT department admin (for 130 people). It's, like I said, hard, boring, hard, easy...

3. I still don't know what I want to do. I think I'm having an early mid-life crisis. Some days I love what I'm doing. Other days I do not and cannot see myself doing project management full time.

4. Every time I am forced to skip my lunch break, I really don't want to do project management full time (because that is my WRITING time).

5. Speaking of writing, I finished the bigger story/plot revisions for Evil Never Sleeps, and now I am doing line edits in a very lazy fashion. I submitted the first chapter to my critique group and got favorable reviews/critiques. They also gave me some great suggestions. That's what critique groups are for!

6. I'm hoping to be finished with this round of edits by April 23rd, because I am attending Pikes Peak Writers' Conference. I'm taking a half day workshop on writing query letters.

7. What else... Life is great! Even though my job satisfaction level is around 3 stars (out of 5), I love the company I work for and the people I work with. My husband is awesome and still spoiling me rotten, my doggie is snuggly and sweet. Life is grand!

8. I really wish Literature & Latte would hurry up and get Scrivener for iPad finished. Otherwise, I may have to blow a bunch of money on a Mac Book Air or something. Fishubby would not approve. (Yes, I have Scrivener for Windows, but both of my PCs are slow and can hardly handle it. I do believe I am becoming an Apple person...).

9. I have meditated almost every morning this year (except for ONE DAY. It was the weekend, and I forgot).

10. I am so grateful for all of the blessings in my life.

That's all for now!

Peace and Keep Writing!

Claire L. Fishback

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let me tell you about the week of May 8th and Other Stuff

Being an Endeverite Part 1

Chapters are up!