Updates on everything!

Okay, maybe not EVERYTHING. But a few things that are on my mind right this minute.

1. In December, I took a 4 hours, 200 question test to obtain my PMP (Project Management Professional) credential and PASSED.

2. Work is hard, but easy, but hard, but sometimes boring, but hard. I know, weird right? I'm managing projects AND serving as the IT department admin (for 130 people). It's, like I said, hard, boring, hard, easy...

3. I still don't know what I want to do. I think I'm having an early mid-life crisis. Some days I love what I'm doing. Other days I do not and cannot see myself doing project management full time.

4. Every time I am forced to skip my lunch break, I really don't want to do project management full time (because that is my WRITING time).

5. Speaking of writing, I finished the bigger story/plot revisions for Evil Never Sleeps, and now I am doing line edits in a very lazy fashion. I submitted the first chapter to my critique group and got favorable reviews/critiques. They also gave me some great suggestions. That's what critique groups are for!

6. I'm hoping to be finished with this round of edits by April 23rd, because I am attending Pikes Peak Writers' Conference. I'm taking a half day workshop on writing query letters.

7. What else... Life is great! Even though my job satisfaction level is around 3 stars (out of 5), I love the company I work for and the people I work with. My husband is awesome and still spoiling me rotten, my doggie is snuggly and sweet. Life is grand!

8. I really wish Literature & Latte would hurry up and get Scrivener for iPad finished. Otherwise, I may have to blow a bunch of money on a Mac Book Air or something. Fishubby would not approve. (Yes, I have Scrivener for Windows, but both of my PCs are slow and can hardly handle it. I do believe I am becoming an Apple person...).

9. I have meditated almost every morning this year (except for ONE DAY. It was the weekend, and I forgot).

10. I am so grateful for all of the blessings in my life.

That's all for now!

Peace and Keep Writing!

Claire L. Fishback

Comments

Popular Posts