Updates

Well, well well, if it isn't me, back from a hiatus (again) with some updates.

So, as you know I adopted this "writing with the door closed" lifestyle and it is really working for me! I did submit my first 20 pages to my critique group - we meet tomorrow *gasp sweat sob squeal fart* - and I read the same pages to my mom a few weekends ago (and gave her a run down of the first "act" as I'm calling it), and Tim read the first 20 and I gave him the run down, too, but other than that, I have not shared much about this new start with anyone. **grin**

I'm really enjoying the writing process now that I'm only writing for me (for now), and I can do whatever I want.

I've also found it extremely helpful to have written the plot narration - the frantic, unorganized synopsis of the first act. However, I'm coming to the end of this plot narration and will need to write another one for the next part of the book, which is exciting and daunting all at the same time.

I recently started reading Game of Thrones. I think it has given me some guidance on this new world I'm sort of creating. I'm not going to do all kinds of worldbuilding like I did before, because that ended up being a waste of time. I've tossed all of it out. The name of the world included. I'm starting fresh and using inspiration from our world's history to enhance and create the five lands that exist in this world. I have Greece, Imperial Rome, China, and Celtic Myth. The 5th world will be one I can have fun and be crazy with. Maybe. We'll see what comes of it.

I also joined the Clarion West Write-A-Thon, though I haven't been sticking to the goal I outlined there, which was to write 500 words a day. I mainly signed up to help them get a grant they were trying for, and to support fellow authors who posted on Facebook about signing up. I thought it sounded intriguing, but it hasn't driven me to write more than I already do, which is write for an hour five days a week. I usually get over 1,000 words when I do sit down to write for an hour, so perhaps it all equals the same in the grand scheme of things. Maybe it should be a weekly goal of 2,500 words.

Well, I'm rambling. I kind of came into this post just wanting to write about how much I'm enjoying writing with the door closed and to give a few updates, but it turned into a giant boring ramble.

I hope you enjoyed at least a fraction of it.

Peace and Keep Writing!

Claire L. Fishback

Comments

Popular Posts